The Microblading method of eyebrow treatment is a relatively new method that offers the freedom of creating perfect brows. This method can be used for different scenarios, whether it is a health condition (alopecia, chemotherapy), permanent eyebrow damage due to many years of plucking, wanting to change the shape of your eyebrows, desire thicker and fuller brows, want to refresh your look, or if you simply desire perfect eyebrows.
Advantages of Microblading
- Does not look like a tattoo (felt pen effect)
- The pigments do not change their basic colors (they do not turn red or green, as is the case with classic permanent make-up)
- Customized hair strokes that are done manually
- Natural looking result
- The procedure has minimal discomfort
- The pigments that are used are matched with the natural color of the eyebrows
- Every drawn hair stroke enriches the natural appearance of the existing eyebrows
- Every hair on the missing part of your eyebrow is stroked in individually, thus achieving a 100% natural look
- The shape of eyebrows is created according to your facial physiognomy
- You’re tired of filling in your eyebrows every morning
- You want to look natural even when you’re at the beach, pool, playing sports, or because you just want to wake up with brows
- The end result is adjusted to fit your hair, skin color and the structure of your existing eyebrows
- Your face Will look happy and youthful
- Your self-confidence will improve
Permanence of Microblading
- The pigments I inject into the skin remain visible for up to 1-2 years, however their permanence depends on the skin type and grooming of the eyebrows
- As skin comes in different types, each type has a different response to the injection of pigment, depending on a number of factors (exposure to the sun, skin type, etc.)
- Pigment refreshment is recommended in approximately one year
At SaSa Beauty & Brow we create the most natural looking brows with techniques from world renowned European Microblading artist Branko Babic’s Phibrows Microblading Academy, Sara has been trained and certified by Branko Babic. Microblading is a technique of semi-permanent drawing of eyebrows, with hyper-realistic results. The shape of eyebrows is calculated only according to the morphology of the face and the golden mean, the number φ (1.618). The color is determined only according to the natural color of the hairs in the eyebrows and the hair. Symmetry is determined digitally when the facial muscles are relaxed (when the client’s eyes are closed).
Although Microblading (3D brows/eyebrow embroidery) is actually a type of semi-permanent makeup application, it is still a separate art and a completely different skill. In comparison to classic permanent makeup which is done using a machine, Microblading provides the possibility to draw thinner hairs using a specialized hand-tool which holds disposable micro-blades.
Before the Microblading procedure, Sara sits down and works with you by shaping your brows with a pencil, allowing you to agree on the best color and shape to fit your face. During the procedure, a topical anesthetic will be applied for the comfort of the client. Aftercare Kit and instructions will be provided accordingly to your skin type. Refreshing of the color (touchup) is recommended in 6 months to a year and a half, depending on skin type.
Please note that eyebrows will appear darker and bolder for the first 7 days, due to natural scabbing.
Eyebrow before Care
- Do not exercise the day of the procedure
- Do not tan within 48 hours prior to your procedure
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen within 24 hours prior to your procedure
- No eyebrow waxing or tinting within 10 days prior to your procedure
- Do keep in mind that if you are scheduled during your menstrual cycle you will be more sensitive.
Aftercare is one of the most important parts of the Microblading process and can greatly affect the results of your brows. Please carefully review the below aftercare instructions, and know what to expect when your eyebrows are healing!
Post Treatment Care
- 30 minutes after your treatment, wash your hands thoroughly, then gently cleanse your eyebrows with one of the Phi Wipes provided. Do not stretch the skin while wiping. Skin is well cleansed when there are no traces of pigment on the wipe. Let your brows dry completely and apply a very thin layer of the Skin Candy provided. Repeat this process 3-5 times the first day.
- For dry and normal skin: Apply a thin layer of Skin Candy 3-5 times a day, for the next 6 days without using the Phi Wipes. For oily skin: only apply Skin Candy if you feel tightness or stretching in the treated area.
- AVOID for 7 days: All products other than the PhiShield Skin Candy (including makeup!) on eyebrow area, workouts which cause sweating, saunas, facials/facial massage, steaming and sleeping on the brows (also - be sure to use a clean pillow case).
- AVOID for 30 days: Sunbathing/direct sun exposure, light therapy, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and creams containing regeneration factors.
- ALWAYS AVOID: Laser treatments over the Microbladed area (fraxel, IPL, etc), as they can destroy the pigments and cause burns. Use of antibiotics and hormonal therapy can lead to faster pigment fading. Always protect your new brows from the sun with SPF (with the exception of the first 7 days).
- It’s important not to get the brows wet during the healing process.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
- No facials, botox, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- Keep out of the sun for the first seven days. Then after seven days wear sunscreen to aid in the longevity of your new brows.
- Starting on day three or when scabs start to appear, do not wipe your brows - only dab till dry, you must be gentle, do not pull off the scabs prematurely. Your brows should remain dry all day and all night. Following this procedure will ensure the formation of thin scabs thus more color retention.
- Do not scrub, rub or pick at the epithelial crust that forms. Allow it to flake off by itself. If it is removed before it is ready the pigment underneath it can be pulled out.
- After the procedure is completely healed, you may go back to your regular cleansing and makeup routine. Avoid scrubbing the area. Use sun block after the procedure area is healed to protect it from sun fading.
An important note about showering: Limit hot showers to 5 minutes (or take lukewarm showers) as to not create too much steam, which will push pigment out of your bladed brows. Wash your hair at the end of your shower to keep your face/brows from being wet for too long. You should try to keep your face out of your shower water for the first 7 days to avoid excessive rinsing and hot water on the brows.
Lastly... DO NOT PICK OR SCRATCH your Microbladed brows! DO NOT attempt to pick at flaking brows, or you risk losing pigment and cause scaring.
Microblading is NOT recommended for clients with the following:
- Pregnant or nursing
- Undergoing Chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- A Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Had an Organ transplant
- Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Prone to Keloids
- Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
- Used Accutane in the past year
At SaSa Beauty & Brow, your health and safety comes first, and that's why I only use the highest quality pigments!
- Strict hygienic conditions are enforced
- Working conditions are 100% sterile
- I use Phibrows pigments that are non-toxic and hypoallergenic
- 0% Heavy metals
- 0% Lead
- 0% Cadmium
- 0% Nickel
- 0% Mercury
- 0% Cobolt
- 0% Tartrazine
Standard classic Microblading procedure to enhance your natural brows (or create new brows, whatever you want!) with natural, fine, hair-like, semi-permanent pigment stokes. This technique is meant to look like natural brows.
Microblading + Shading $550
Shading is a technique many times used in combination with Microblading that provides a more dense, full brow look. This is a good option for many people, including those who fill in their brows on a daily basis, those with little to no eyebrow hair, those with very little but dark eyebrow hair, etc. The denser look is created by combining the hair like Microblading strokes with hundreds of tiny dots worked between the hairs to provide the fuller look. This is a natural combination that can be adjusted and customized during your appointment with an artist.
Ombre / Powder Brows $400
Ombre brows (aka powder brows, powder fill, full shading or pixel brows) is a technique for clients who prefer fuller results than hair strokes provide, but still want a soft powdery look. This technique mimics daily makeup done with eyebrow pencil or shadow. The tails of the brow are darker and fade lighter toward the beginning of the brow, creating the soft makeup effect. This technique is perfect for oilier skin or clients with larger pores.
First touch up after 4 to 6 weeks – $75 (Must book appointment at the time of initial procedure, $75 price only honored at 4 to 6 weeks)
Touch up 6-12 months – $250
Touch up 12-24 months – $300
Please read through the before and aftercare sections before setting your appointment to ensure that you are an ideal candidate for this semi-permanent makeup. If you have previous eyebrow permanent makeup, you must schedule a consultation prior to the Microblading procedure.